Spring Restoration and Protection in Northwest Florida:
A CFEOR Field Tour (by Canoe)
Hosted by Northwest Florida Water Management District and CFEOR
When: Friday, May 16, 2014 from 10:00am-12:30pm ET
Where: Econfina Creek Canoe Livery at 5641 Porter Pond Rd, Youngstown, FL 32466.
Who: CFEOR Participants (FFS, FWC, Florida Park Service, NWFWMD, SJRWMD, SWFWMD, SRWMD, USFS, UF, Gilchrist Hunt Club, Normandeau Assoc.)
Float down the Econfina Creek and learn about the advances NWFWMD is making in spring restoration.
- Spring and streambank restoration and protection measures utilizing non-structural approaches.
- Methods for controlling public access.
- Spring sediment removal.
- Use of native landscape plants.
- Purpose of proposed “Connector” and “Loop” trails.
- Canoe or kayak $50 (2 people).
- Optional deli lunch at the end of the event, $10 person.
- Both fees are cash only please.