National & State Correlations
- Common Core Standards
- National Science Standards
- National Social Studies Standards
- Excellence in EE Guidelines
- Girl Scout (badge) program activities
- Boy Scout (merit badge) activities
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative Standards
All 96 of the activities found in the PreK-8 Activity Guide are correlated to the Florida Sunshine State Standards (SSS).
In addition, 27 activities have a series of FCAT-like prompts associated with them to assist educators in using PLT activities in their classroom.
- Sample Prek-8 EE Activities Correlating to Next Generation Science Standards
- Making STEM Connections through Common Core using PLT Activities
PreK-8 Activity Guide
- Diversity (Activities 1 - 20)
- Interrelationships (Activities 21 - 40)
- Systems (Activities 41 - 60)
- Structure & Scale (Activities 61 - 75)
- Patterns of Change (Activities 76 - 96)
- FCAT-like Prompts
The State Board of Education approved the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards for Reading and Language Arts in May 2007, for Mathematics in October 2007, and for Science in February 2008. The Social Studies Standards are in the revision process.
- Select a PLT Activity from the appropriate correlations page on the left.
- Open the standards PDF document and find the "Subject Area: Language Arts, Mathematics, or Science " section. Select a standard to find.
- Go to the Florida Standards Web sites to select the appropriate crosswalk document for the subject standards you are looking for.
- Select the crosswalk for your appropriate grade level.
- The cross walks have been designed differently. For Mathematics and Language Arts, take the standard from the PLT Activity and find it in the left column of the crosswalk. Look to the right to find the new standard. For Science, take the standard form the PLT Activity and look for the same header in the crosswalk document. Applicable new standards will be written beneath.
Let's walk through one together for Language Arts.
- You are planning to use "Trees as Habitats" with a third grade class. First step is visiting the PLT Web site and downloading the correlations for this activity. [click here]
- Next, go to the Department of Education's Language Arts Standards for Florida web site. Select the Grade 3 crosswalk for Writing towards the bottom of the page. [click here]
- Return to the "Trees as Habitats" correlations page. The first standard under Writing is: LA.B.2.2.1.
- Look for LA.B.2.2.3 under the Old Benchmark # column on the left side of the screen.
- Read across the screen to the new standard to find: LA.188.8.131.52 record information (e.g., observations, notes, lists, charts, map labels, legends) related to a topic, including visual aids as appropriate.
Congratulations, you found the new standard.