PLT Environmental Education Centers
Project Learning Tree provides nature centers, environmental education centers, school district sponsored centers, zoos, etc., with a comprehensive, award-winning environmental education program to use at special events or with visitors of all ages, but especially children.
Requirements to become a PLT EE Center:
-Identify a PLT EE Center Coordinator
-Participate in at least one PLT Educator Workshops each year. Workshops can be on or off-site. Workshop facilitator can be on staff or a volunteer. r.
- Complete an annual report that includes workshop plans for the following year.
Current EE Center Annual Report Form.
Map of PLT EE Centers
Click on the buttons to view information about EE Centers in your community. Use the navigation and zoom slider on the left side of the map to adjust the view and size of the map.
View Florida PLT EE Centers in a larger map
Current PLT EE Centers
- Bear Creek Educational Forest, Quincy
- Brevard Zoo, Melbourne
- Brooker Creek Preserve Environmental Education Center, Tarpon Springs
- Camp Bayou Outdoor Learning Center, Ruskin
- Everglades Youth Conservation Camp, Palm Beach
- Florida Caverns State Park, Marianna
- Green Cay Nature Center, Boynton Beach
- Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens, Jacksonville
- John D. MacArthur Beach State Park, Palm Beach
- Nature's Classroom, Thonotosassa
- Oakland Nature Preserve, Oakland
- Pine Jog Environmental Education Center, Palm Beach
- Solid Waste Authority Education Center, Palm Beach
- Trout Lake Nature Center, Inc., Eustis
- St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge, St. Marks
- Tree Hill Nature Center, Jacksonville
- UF/IFAS Brevard County Extension, Melbourne
- UF/ IFAS Leon County Extension, Tallahassee
- UF/IFAS Nassua County Extension Office, Callahan
- For information about how your organization can become a PLT EE Center, contact PLT Central at (352) 846-0848.