How to Support PLT
Donations are vital to the success of Florida PLT. Your financial support ensures we can continue to offer outstanding professional development for educators and environmental learning opportunities for youth. Donations of any size can be used to help purchase supplies for teachers, sponsor PLT schools and centers, or offer workshops at reduced costs.
There are three ways to donate:
- Give directly online via the University of Florida Foundation's website
- Mail a donor form and check made to University of Florida to:
Nancy Peterson, Florida PLT Coordinator
School of Forest Resources and Conservation
University of Florida/IFAS P.O. Box 110410
Gainesville, FL 32611-0831
- Florida PLT has also established a Memorial and Recognition Program to celebrate those who share a passion for conservation education.
Host a fund-raiser for Florida PLT (trail riding race, 5K race, skeet shoot, golf / fishing event, etc.). Contact Nancy Peterson, (352) 846-0848 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn more.
- Enter your Sapling event information here!
- Gain valuable experience by helping in the PLT Central office at the University of Florida in Gainesville. Volunteers are required to work 8-10 hours per week for a minimum of one, preferably two, semesters.
- Become a PLT Educator so you can use PLT materials to engage youth in learning about the environment. Learn more...
- If you are already a certified PLT Educator, consider becoming a PLT Workshop facilitator so you can help educators in your area learn about PLT. Learn more...
You can help us build the PLT community by spreading the word about the great things you and other PLT educators are doing!
- Encourage a school or nature center in your area to become a PLT School or EE Center.
- Be sure to share your favorite pictures and stories of how you use PLT materials with us so we can help celebrate your success!
- Connect with us online to share updates and news! Friend us on Facebook or join the National PLT Online Community. You can also share stories about PLT on your blog, Twitter or other social networking sites. Learn more about how you can help PLT Online! (pdf).
Only with the assistance of our sponsors and grantors is Florida PLT able to maintain the quality of our programs and help reconnect children to the natural world. The Florida PLT Steering Committee thanks our supporters for their commitment to PLT. Meet our supporters!
For information about how you can become a sponsor, contact Nancy Peterson at (352) 846-0848 or email@example.com.